Wednesday, July 30, 2008

June 26th, 2008

Saturday the 26th was Chris' 26th Birthday! His family never really made a big deal about birthdays growing up and neither did mine, but it is still fun to celebrate! So I woke up extra early that morning and made our traditional McBride family birthday breakfast: Waffles with strawberries and whip cream! YUM!

After breakfast we had to go into work. The first few hours were pretty fun because we got to sit together and we
brought checkers and Phase 10 to play in between calls.

I got off an hour before Chris did so I went down to the theater and got tickets for The Dark Knight! We wanted to see it the week before but all of the tickets were sold out! We were so excited to see it! and in case you were wondering, it was AMAZING! We loved it! Heath Ledger absolutely made this movie, he did so well. The only way you can tell it is him is his curly blond hair. This sort of made me sad though because I love Heath Ledger, he is super cute and has that great accent... its a shame his last role had to be one where he was completely unidentifiable.
Back to the movie... I had heard from many people that this movie was very dark, someone said it was almost sadistic. But I didn't think so, the last Harry Potter movie seemed more dark than this. I think what made it so spooky, and what made Heath Ledger's character so creepy was the fact that he had no method to his madness. He was just psycho and evil for the sake of being psycho and evil, there was no other reason, nothing you could fix or give him to make him stop. I wont ruin the movie for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but I definitely encourage seeing it!!

1 comment:

The McBride Family said...

Ack I missed Chris's b-day!! I need to get it on my calendar!! Happy Birthday Chris! I hope you had a great day!!