Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stuffed Pepper Recipe

This is for you Monica, if you or anyone else tries it, please let me know how it turns out!
I found a bunch of different recipes and just sort of combined them to work with what I had and the amount of effort I wanted to put in :)


Ingredients:


  • 3-4 green peppers (I only used 2)

  • 1 egg

  • 1/2 of a white onion, minced

  • 1 lb ground beef

  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

  • 1 can tomato sauce

  • 1 cup cooked white rice

  • 1 cup shredded cheese

  • garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste

First you cut the tops off the peppers and clean them out. Then boil them for 5 minutes and let cool. Brown beef with or without onions. Combine beef with 1/2 of the can of tomato sauce and all other ingredients. Stuff the peppers and put in a casserole dish, pour the rest of the tomato sauce over top. Cook 30 minutes covered and then 15 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees! Eat and enjoy!

and I know in the picture its all REALLY green, I don't know why we had so many veggies that day?

1 comment:

The McBride Family said...

Yum that will be on my next grocery list!! I'm ALWAYS looking for new recipes (especially when Travis is ACTUALLY home!) I'll let you know how it turns out!