Monday, September 7, 2009

Deal and crafts make me so happy

I have read a lot about mod podge lately and had never done it and so this was my first attempt.
I found these little ceramic tiles at DI for 25 cents each and mod podged scrapbook paper on and then used the mod podge to seal the top.
You probably can't tell, but they are now coasters!
Here is a big full sized tile $1- also from DI. Again just scrapbook paper and mod podge!
and my greatest couponing moment yet...
(I'm sorry if you get tired of reading these- but hey its my blog! ;) )

  • 2 boxes orig. Cheerios
  • 4 boxes multi grain Cheerios
  • 2 boxes Lucky Charms
  • 2 boxes Coco Puffs
  • 5 boxes Golden Ghrams
  • 2 boxes Gushers
  • 2 boxes fruit snacks
  • 6 cans of Progresso soup
  • 2 bags of frozen vegi's
  • 2 boxes of granola bars
  • 1 box of Cheeze-Itz

Total Cost: $111.53

I PAID: $34.11 (That's like 70% off!)

Saving money is so incredibly fun, I know it sounds dorky but I get such a kick out of it!


4 comments:

Rachel said...

So do you get the paper or do you just go to Albertson's and get their's to get those deals?
So is modge podge like a paste that you buy? I've just never heard of it but your stuff turned out cute, especially for the cheap price.

Allison said...

That is awesome! Feels good to save. Love the plates!

Robinson Family said...

kudos babe! truely impressive!! How did you save so much money? and the coasters are great! your going to be such a crafty mommy! (something Taylor says I'm NOT! oh well, can't do everything perfect, right?)

Sarah and Terry said...

You are so crafty I love it all!! You need to teach me how to be a bargain coupon lady!