Thursday, November 19, 2009

Using what I have... TACO SOUP

So I said in an earlier post that I am going to try to make more creative meals using what I already have on hand, here is a good example of that from tonight's dinner...

TACO SOUP!




I didn't use a recipe, I just kinda threw stuff in and hoped it would taste good...

I browned 1 lb. beef with some onion powder (I would have preferred using an actual onion, but didn't have one- again, USING WHAT I HAVE)

I put this in the crock pot with
-1 4 oz. can diced green chili's
-2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
-1 15 oz. can kidney beans (drained half the juice)
-1 15 oz. can corn (drained)
-1 spoonful of minced garlic

I sprinkled in a little more onion powder and who knows how much taco seasoning (we have the big shaker from Costco, but I imagine using one packet would do the job)

I set the crock pot on high for 2 hours, once the two hours had passed we topped it with "Mexican blend" cheese. It was SUPER good! I bet it would be good over tortilla chips or Frito's too if you had them!

Let me know if anyone tries this!

2 comments:

The McBride Family said...

YUM! I love taco soups (all variations!) And what a sweet husband you have. One day we'll get to hang out with him again! :)

Rachel said...

I will try it this week because i think I have all those ingredients on hand.