Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thanks RedBook

I love reading magazines, they are easy, you don't have to concentrate on the articles, I don't feel guilt for not finishing them, and sometimes they actually give good advice!

Sunday I was reading an article from June's RedBook about how to save money on home repairs, specifically clogged drains. Well wouldn't you know it the next day our bathroom sink got clogged up! So I did what the magazine said (using products I already had) and IT TOTALLY WORKED!

All you do is pour a little bit (1-3 tbsp.) of baking soda down the drain, then pour some vinegar in! Yes, just like making a volcano in elementary school! Let that bubble for a few minutes and then pour 2-3 cups of boiling water down the drain. That's it! It completely cleared out the clog! So next time your sink gets clogged save yourself the $8 on Drano and try this instead!

No comments: