- I've been craving sweets for all of my third trimester (I've been eating much more in general in my third trimester)
- I didn't have to use the bathroom much more than before I was pregnant until around 30 weeks.
- I've put on way more weight than I'm supposed to! (see first bullet) I am always surprised/embarrassed when I get on the scale, good thing you lose an instant 15-ish lbs. after birth!
- I've been sewing for this kid like crazy! So far I've made 9 burp cloths, 6 bibs with washcloth backs, a set of soft blocks that make different noises, a fabric chewy chain, the top of one baby quilt, and have another blanket, and curtains in the works. Here are some pics, the colors look really dull because I took the pic at midnight when the lighting was less than great, they're all much brighter and cuter in person!
- We had a third ultrasound this week (32 weeks) because I switched meds (I have an intestinal condition) and they want to check to see if the meds have affected the baby's growth. She is absolutely perfect though! They estimate she weighs about 4.5 pounds, which is the 66th percentile. She she is just barely above average in size. She has a very quick heart beat, the highest beats per minute she can have and still be considered normal is 160 and hers was 156. We also learned at this apt. that she is head down now! So if she can just stay that way for 5 more weeks we will be set!
- On Chris' last day of school there was a pile of baby gifts waiting for him at his desk! His pharm class all chipped in and bought a bunch of things off our baby registry! I felt so loved and I don't even know these people! It made my day!
- E is a very busy girl! She moves all over the place! It was all kicks for a while, but now she twists, wiggles and rolls more than anything. (Sorry for being all cryptic with the name, you'll know soon enough!)
- Yesterday we had an all day birthing class, it was awesome! We learned about all sort of different breathing and laboring techniques and different birthing options. Chris was not looking forward to going but he ended up really glad he went! He learned a lot and I know he'll be an excellent coach!I've really had a hard time deciding if I want to go natural or use drugs in delivery. I think walking away from the class I've decided I'm going to (try) to progress as much on my own as I can and if I find the pain unbearable than use a analgesic (pain shot) rather than an epidural. We'll see how it turns out.
I still need to make one more block, but one of these has a plastic easter egg half filled with rice (glued and duct taped shut!) so it makes a really great sound when you shake it; the other one make a crunchy noise when you touch it. I used mylar balloons and grocery bags for this one.
and the chewey chain! Should be a good teething toy.